Community Resources for Dealing with COVID-19
Our goal is to maintain this page as a resource for our communities. We will do our best to maintain accurate and current information - if you have information to share, please email us. Items in bold are local resources.
- Cyber Threat Actors Expected to Leverage Coronavirus Outbreak
- IRS issues warning about Coronavirus-related scams; watch out for schemes tied to economic impact payments
- Stimulus Checks - What Should You Know?
If you're on Twitter, check out our Small Business Resources list
Small Business Administration (SBA)
SCAM ALERT - The SBA doesn't issue grants and their services are free. SBA does not initiate contact on either 7(a) or Disaster loans. If you are proactively contacted by someone claiming to be from the SBA, suspect fraud.
SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program
SBA - The Three Step Process: Disaster Loans
SBA Information Resources
- Indiana Stay At Home Order FAQ
- Indiana has established a number for Hoosiers to call with questions about the Coronavirus: 877-826-0011.
- The 2019 deadline for contributing to your HSA or IRA has been extended to July 15. If you're making a contribution, be sure to indicate if it's for 2019 or 2020.
Chambers of Commerce/Business Networking
- Indiana Chamber of Commerce - Submit Your Coronavirus Questions
- FAQ from the Indy Chamber
- OneZone COVID-19 Resources & Information
- NC-HC Chamber of Commerce Virtual Local Shopping
- Pendleton Restaurants Open
- Linking Indy Women
- US Chamber of Commerce - Coronavirus Emergency Loans Small Business Guide & Checklist
From Eli Lilly: Due to the #COVID19 crisis, we know many people may struggle now more than ever to pay for their medicines. Today, we announced anyone who has commercial insurance, or no insurance, can get their monthly prescription of most Lilly insulins for $35
Image provided by the Indiana Department of Workforce Development
What can you do for your community? One of the few upsides to these situations is watching how Hoosiers come together in trying times. Other than staying safe, calm, and home as much as you can, what can you do to help? Small gestures can make a big difference. You can:
- Reach out to your elderly neighbors who may be worried about grocery or medication runs
- Remind your friends and colleagues to practice social distancing
- Consider tipping more than usual if you get takeout or delivery
- Look for positive messaging on social media, and share it with others (There's no such thing as too many baby animal videos.)
- Order food and have it delivered to workers who keep us going - hospital, healthcare, police, firefighters, USPS/UPS/FedEx, etc...
- Order gift cards from your favorite local business
- If you must get out, be patient with longer wait times
- Take a walk (while keeping your distance from others) and pick up some trash around your neighborhood
- If you don't feel well, stay at home
Free Online Books:
Free Virtual Museum Tours:
- British Museum, London
- Guggenheim Museum, New York
- National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.
- Musée d’Orsay, Paris
- National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Seoul
- Pergamon Museum, Berlin
- Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam
- Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam
- The J. Paul Getty Museum, Los Angeles
- Uffizi Gallery, Florence
- MASP, São Paulo
- National Museum of Anthropology, Mexico City
- African Animals
- Cayman Reef Cam
- Channel Islands Live Bald Eagle Webcams
- EarthCam - AnimalCams
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park - view from Purchase Knob
- Mauna Loa Volcano, Hawaii
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Old Faithful Geyser
- Oregon Coast Aquarium
- San Diego Zoo Live Cams
- Smithsonian's National Zoo
- Tropical Reef Aquarium
The views, information, or opinions expressed in this article are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of Citizens State Bank and its affiliates, and Citizens State Bank is not responsible for and does not verify the accuracy of any information contained in this article or items hyperlinked within. This is for informational purposes and is no way intended to provide legal advice.