Date: Apr 22, 2021
Earth Day 2021
Home Projects for Earth Day
- Switch to LED light bulbs. This one change will save both money and energy.
- Fix leaky faucets in your home.
- Conduct a full-home energy assessment to check for air leaks and other ways you might be able to save energy and money.
- Start composting to use kitchen scraps and add nutrients to the soil.
- Plant an organic garden and perennial flower beds.
- If local ordinances allow it, use a rain barrel to collect water for your lawn and garden.
- Cut back on driving. Try walking, biking, or taking public transportation more often. Start a carpool with co-workers, friends, and neighbors.
- Start using earth-friendly cleaning solutions in place of commercial products.
- Shop local. You're not only supporting your local community, but also saving transportation energy.
- Take reusable bags to the store - keep them in your car so they're always handy. (We'll be glad to give you one of our infamous green bags.)
- Organize a regular litter pick up with your family and friends. Recycle "trash" items when possible.