A new home is the largest purchase most of us will make, so it's not a decision to be taken lightly. People often say renting is a waste of money, but it...read more
Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC)
Over the past few years "home" has taken on a whole new meaning. We're asking more from our spaces, whether it's serving as an office, a classroom, or a cozier refuge. If you'd like updates, an expansion, or peace of mind knowing you have access to funds in case of an emergency, a home equity line of credit (HELOC) might be right for you.
A HELOC lets you use the equity you have in your home as collateral to access funds if - and when - you need them. You choose the amount(s), so you can use as much, or as little, of the line of credit as you need. The interest rate is generally lower than is available with other types of loans and the interest you pay may be tax deductible. (Talk to your tax advisor for details.)
A Citizens State Bank HELOC features:
- Lines from $10,000, based on the amount of equity you have in your house
- Access to your credit line for 10 years without reapplying
- No application fee
- Variable interest rates
- Revolving loan funds you can access multiple times
- Easy access to your funds using specialty checks or digital banking
- Digital Banking allows you to view your loan balance, monitor transaction history and make payments with free Bill Pay
To learn more, or to determine if a HELOC is right for you, just complete this form and a lender will be in touch.
There's a lot to do between closing on your mortgage and moving into your new home, but where should you start? This checklist will help you get organized....read more
You've been pre-approved for a mortgage loan, but you haven't closed on your loan. Here are seven things you should avoid until you do....read more