Digital Banking FAQ
This user guide is a great resource to ensure you maximize the Digital Banking tools.
To enroll, visit secure.mycsbin.com/enroll and follow the on-screen instructions.
Two-factor authentication (2FA) is a security feature that helps safeguard your account information. To implement 2FA, you will need to enroll an email address and a phone number. Once this information is entered, you’ll choose one of three options to receive a one-time verification code:
- Text message to the mobile phone entered,
- Automated phone call to phone number entered, or
- Authenticator App like Authy
After entering your verification code, you'll have the option to select “Don’t ask for code again on this computer.” This allows you to avoid having to enter a verification code during each login if you're using a secure computer. This option should never be selected on a shared or public computer.
If too many attempts are made with an incorrect verification code, you will be temporarily locked out of your account. You should not try to set up a new account or change your password during this time. If you have questions or need help, please contact Customer Care at 888-529-5450.
There are a few reasons you may be prompted for a verification code:
- If you log in using different browsers, even on the same computer
- If your browser history is deleted
- If your browser settings are set to delete your cookies and history automatically
Probably not. When a new browser version is available, you'll see a small banner on the login page to let you know your browser should be updated. Sixty days after an updated browser release, any browser more than one version out-of-date will need to be upgraded.
Because Internet Explorer is no longer under active development and is missing modern security features, Online Banking isn't accessible. If you use Internet Explorer, we encourage you to upgrade to Microsoft Edge.
- Select Settings
- Select the toggle next to Biometric sign-in
- Touch the sensor with your finger to verify your fingerprint
- If you have not already registered a fingerprint on your device, you'll be prompted to do so
Enable Touch/Face ID (iOS):
- Select Settings
- Select Security Settings
- Select the toggle next to Touch ID to Login
- Select Enable Touch ID
In both Online Banking and the Mobile App, scroll to the bottom of the screen to the "Organize Dashboard" button.
On the login screen, choose the “Forgot?” option and follow the onscreen instructions.
Use the “Forgot” option and follow onscreen instructions to reset your password. If that doesn’t work, call Customer Care at 888-529-5450
You can edit your name, add a photo, and update your telephone number or email address by clicking “Settings,” then “Profile.”
To update your mailing address, please call Customer Care at 888-529-5450.
To change the phone number used for 2FA, select "Settings," then "Security." From there, click the "Reset" link next to "Two-factor authentication."
In the "Settings" area, select "User Alerts" and follow the onscreen instructions.
Yes, you have the ability to hide accounts on your Dashboard. While on the Dashboard, choose the account you'd like to hide, then choose the "Settings" tab and toggle the "Display" button to the off position. If you change your mind, just turn on the toggle switch.
Yes, ordering checks from Harland-Clarke is easy. Choose the account where the checks should apply, choose the "Check Reorder" button and follow the onscreen instructions.
Complete this Enrollment Form to access e-Statements in Digital Banking.
e-Statements are accessible by clicking the account and choosing the Documents tab. From there, choose the statement you'd like to see.
Yes, you can see both the front and back of checks that have cleared by choosing the correct account, then choosing the transaction you want to review. This will bring up a "Transaction Details" window and you can click the image to view the front and the "View Back" link to show the back.
The Transaction Details window also allows you to make notes or add tags or images to the transaction.
- If an item shows as "Pending," you'll see basic details of the transaction including amount, date, etc.
- After an item has posted, you'll see full details and be able to add a tag, notes, image, etc.
- If you export transactions, you'll see all details of posted ACH items.
To take advantage of the Transaction Management available in Digital Banking, choose the correct account. From there, tap transactions to see the "Transaction Details" window. From here, you have the options to add Notes, Tags, or Images and, if the transaction is a cleared check, viewing the front and back of the check.
Digital Card Controls:
Yes - go to the Card Management section of your Dashboard, select Activate New Card and follow the onscreen directions.
In Digital Banking, choose Card Management on your Dashboard, then select the correct debit card. Click the toggle button and confirm you want to lock your card. To unlock the card, click the toggle button again and your card status will change to Active.
To set up spending limits, go to the Card Management section of your Dashboard, select Alerts and Protections, then Spending Limits. From there, complete the fields as directed.
From the Card Management section of your Dashboard, choose the type of Alert you'd like to receive - by Location, Merchant Type, Transaction Type, or Spending Limit - and follow the onscreen instructions.
Yes, you can choose to receive Alerts via Email, In-App Messages, or Text. To set up your choice, go to the Card Management section of your Dashboard, choose Alerts and Protections, then Notification Settings.
Go to the Card Management section of your Dashboard. Choose the correct debit card, then choose Alerts and Protections. From there, determine the type of protection you'd like to set up. Common examples:
- To prevent your debit card from being used for making online purchases, go to Transaction Types and block eCommerce transactions.
- To ensure your HSA debit card is only used for approved purchases, you can choose to go to Transaction Types and/or Merchant Types and block the options you wouldn't use to pay for medical-related purchases.
If your debit card has been lost or stolen, go to the Card Management section of your Dashboard, choose the correct debit card(s), select Report Lost/Stolen, then follow onscreen instructions. Please note this will deactivate your card and block any one-time or recurring transactions.
Digital Bill Pay:
Here's a quick list of the many ways you can benefit from using Digital Bill Pay:
- Save time. With Digital Bill Pay, you can receive and pay your bills online, all in one place. No more visiting multiple websites to pay bills or trips to the post office to mail checks. In addition, smart features such as recurring payments allow you to automate regular bill payments.
- Save money. Paying bills online saves on postage, envelopes, late fees and checks. If you pay just 10 bills per month, you can easily save over $110.00* per year.
- Stay organized. Your payment history is stored in your online account, so you won't have to sort through paper receipts or visit multiple websites to access past transactions.
- Gain peace of mind. Paying bills electronically means no risk of mailed checks getting lost or stolen. Plus, you can stop worrying about missing a bill payment when you set up reminders and automated recurring payments.
- Help the environment by saving paper. With Digital Bill Pay, there are no checks to write or envelopes to mail. That's good news for you and the environment.
*Savings are approximate and based upon the average annual cost of stamps, envelopes and checks required for paying 10 bills per month.
To enroll, choose the "Bill Pay" tab and follow the onscreen instructions and "Accept" the agreement. You're ready to get started!
If this is the first time you are paying a vendor, choose “+ New Payee,” and choose Company or Person. If the Payee is a Company, complete the fields as directed. After the payee is set up, choose “Pay This Bill” and follow the instructions.
If the vendor has already been set up, choose the correct Payee from your Payee List, enter the payment amount, and schedule your payment date.
If this is the first time you are paying someone, choose “+ New Payee,” and choose Person. Choose the preferred payment method – Direct Deposit, Email, Text Message, or Check – and follow the onscreen instructions.
If you have paid this person before, choose “Pay a Person,” select the person from your list, and complete the fields as directed.
Payments may process electronically or by check. Electronic payments will either process through ACH or by virtual card. The goal is to deliver your payment securely, using the fastest method available for your payee. All other payments are made by paper checks that are mailed via the U.S. Postal Service.
For Citizens State Bank loans, you have a few options:
- Choose your payment account on your Dashboard, then “Transfer.” Choose your loan account to transfer to, and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Choose your loan account on your Dashboard, then the green “Pay” button and follow the instructions.
- Choose “Transfer” on the Dashboard and complete fields as directed.
To pay a loan with someone other than Citizens State Bank, set the financial institution up as a Payee in Bill Pay and set up payments as you would with any other vendor.
After you’ve chosen a Payee and entered your Payment Amount, you’ll see when the payment will be sent underneath the “Submit” button. (“Sends today electronically, arrives by tomorrow.”) To select a different frequency or date, choose “More Options,” select the date, then “Submit.”
Select "Payments" from your Dashboard.
- If the status is "Scheduled," you can change or cancel your payment. Select the payment, make your desired changes, then click "Save."
- If the status is "Paid," you are unable to make changes.
If you still have questions, please contact your Personal Banker or Customer Care at 888-529-5450.