Use your voice to pay your bills - with iPay Quickpay!
What is iPay QuickPay?
iPay QuickPay is the skill that lets you access your bill pay account on your Alexa-enabled device — all with a simple voice command. You can ask Alexa to make payments, provide your payment history and check your scheduled payments.
You can even make person-to-person payments using iPay QuickPay. Simply add the person as a payee in your bill pay account and then you can tell Alexa who to pay and when.
You’ll need a bill pay account to use iPay QuickPay. If you don’t have an account yet, enroll now.
First, you’ll need to add Alexa to your bill pay account. Here’s how:
- Log in to your bill pay account
- Select the “My account” tab
- Go to the Voice bill pay section and select “Add Alexa” (circled in red)
- Answer the challenge questions
- Create your credentials and submit
Then you can link your bill pay account to iPay QuickPay.
- Open the Alexa App on your mobile device
- Search for the iPay QuickPay skill and choose “Enable to Use” (C)
- Enter the voice bill pay credentials created within bill pay
- Create a 4-digit PIN that you will remember — this PIN will be requested every time you launch iPay QuickPay
- Select “I agree, Link Account”
Now you’re ready to make a payment.
- Say, “Alexa, start iPay QuickPay”
- When prompted, provide your 4-digit PIN
- Tell Alexa the company or person you’d like to pay, the amount of the payment and the payment date
- Alexa will confirm your payment has been scheduled
If you have any questions, please contact your local banker or Customer Care and they can help walk you through the process.